Continuing our celebration of the most innovative and pioneering home care solutions, today we feature technology firm Unique IQ.
Click here to read more about our Home Care Solutions of the Year series.
Here’s how Unique IQ’s innovative software solutions have helped home care agencies deliver better care and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic this year:
Company: Unique IQ
Unique IQ’s award-winning IQ:timecard and IQ:caremanager systems offer digital care planning, scheduling and rostering, electronic call monitoring and eMAR, with a mobile app option for seamless, real-time supervision of care delivery.
Throughout 2020, Unique IQ’s technology has been used by home care providers to adapt to the challenges of COVID-19, including:
- Infection control – rapid deployment of mandatory tasks to carer mobile apps across all client visit schedules, to ensure hand washing, symptom-checking and risk assessments take place. This has protected service users and carers and evidenced risk reduction measures.
- Rostering support – in the face of staffing shortages, a new ‘RAG’ status feature helped providers prioritise visits based on need, alongside the standard six star ‘best match’ rating.
- Keeping families connected – authorised loved ones have direct access to care visit details via web portal (such as appointments, notes and photographs), helping families to stay involved in the care of a loved one, even when forced to keep their distance.
- Emergency messaging – in-built communication tools such as bulk and group messaging helped disseminate critical information early on in the pandemic, such as schedule changes and new procedures.
- Data and compliance – an insights dashboard displays key care delivery stats in a visual way, fed in real-time from the data carers input into their mobile apps, and centralised so care managers can access it remotely.