Walnut Care is celebrating after one of its team members picked up an industry award for excellence in community care.
Care worker Elizabeth Fenton was announced as the winner of the Community Care Award at the Lincolnshire Care Awards last week.
Hosted by the Lincolnshire Care Association (LinCA), the annual event was established in 2016 to highlight the hard work and dedication of care workers and managers in the county, particularly those who go above and beyond the call of duty.
The full list of winners can be found below.
Commenting on her win, Felton said: “I am very privileged and very happy. It’s lovely to be acknowledged for the work I do.”
This year’s gala awards evening took place at the Assembly Rooms in Lincoln, where nominees were treated to a three-course dinner and dancing.
The ceremony was led by BBC Radio Lincolnshire presenter Melvyn Prior, who described the attendees as “like one big family”.
Finalists were nominated by their service users and their families or by a colleague, with this year’s awards receiving a record number of nominations – more than 100 across 12 categories.
It took 19 judges to interview and decide on the finalists and winners of this year’s awards.
Councillor Patricia Bradwell, executive councillor for Adult Care from Lincolnshire County Council, said: “Caring for someone or for groups of people is not an easy role to fulfil and requires a lot of perseverance and understanding. Our award winners are fine examples of so many caring staff in Lincolnshire who show real dedication and passion in their work, to ensure that people throughout the county are given the care they need and deserve.”
This year’s winners are:
- Residential Care Award: Laura Armstrong, Fotherby House
- Community Care Award: Elizabeth Felton, Walnut Care
- Nursing and Nursing Associate in Social Care Award: Angela Cowley, Drovers Call and Lynn Brown, Westfield Nursing Home
- Healthy Nutrition Award: Lisa Herbert and Katie Greenslade, Red House Nursing Home
- Residential Care Leadership Award: Wendy Britton, Nene Lodge Retirement Home
- Community Care Leadership Award: Damian Taylor, EarlyBird Lifestyle and Support Ltd
- Care Trainer Award: Sam Stockwell, Boultham Park House
- Care Activity Organiser Award: Charli Siddons, The Old Hall
- Behind the Scenes Award: Andrew Saunders, Gregory House
- Caring Together Award: Gainsborough Not Alone, Macmillan Volunteers
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Helen Reilly, Oakdene Care Home
- Rising Star Award: Richard Skipper, Libertas, and Julia Pagett, Ashdene Care Home